04 fevereiro 2008


"I was an accomplished practitioner of delayed gratification.
Hugh once said people who could delay gratification were highly mature. I could put off happiness for days, months, years. That's how 'mature' I was.
I learned it from eating Tootsie Roll Pops as a child. Mike would crunch through the candy shell immediately to get to the chocolate in the middle, while I licked and licked, wearing it down in an agonizingly slow process."

in The Mermaid Chair, Sue Monk Kidd


Quem diz Tootsie Roll Pops diz outra coisa qualquer; na minha perspectiva, sempre algo sem chocolate, claro. But, yup, that's me. Sem sombra de dúvida. :)

1 comentário:

Anónimo disse...

Mira, aún no he decidido de cual de los dos tipos de persona soy. Sopongo que tengo un poco de las dos...

Yo me quiero leer ese libre.

:)